“The most functional way to regulate difficult emotions in love relationships is to share them.”
Do you feel like your relationship is at a standstill? Are you and your partner stuck in the same argument loop every night? Do you feel like you and your partner are drifting away? Do you desire more intimacy between you and your partner?
Whether you have been together for two months, two years or two decades, couples therapy can help disrupt negative interactions, communicate feelings and needs, heal past and present hurts and work towards getting what you want out of your relationship.
Some issues that bring couples to therapy are:
- no communication or negative interactions
- infidelity, affairs or unhealthy boundaries with friends
- hurtful or abusive actions
- feeling abandoned or let down by your partner once or over and over again
- effects of stress and pressure
- problems in intimacy and/or sexual relationship
- losses related to death of a parent, child, family member, separation, illness or migration
- experience of trauma or abuse of one or both partners (either as a child or as an adult) is hurting the relationship now
- addictive behaviours
- lack of balance (work/life/family)
In the couple’s therapy sessions, I help people identify difficult emotions, share difficult emotions and develop the necessary skills needed to maintain sustaining love.
If any of the above relate to you and your partner in your relationship, contact me today. I would love to speak about how I may be able to help reconnect and rekindle your love for one another.